The Institute of Regional Science (IfR) and the Institute of Urban and Regional Planning (ISL) at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) cooperate closely in research and teaching. Their interdisciplinary research teams analyse and answer space-related questions at the intersection between geo, natural and social sciences, focussing on
- the analysis of social processes on local and regional scale in developing and transition countries,
- the analysis and creation of concepts and measures with regard to land use management and spatial development as well as to
- urban research and planning.
The work on these topics is carried out in the framework of
- the IfR’s Master’s degree course in Regional Science and Spatial planning
- the course specialisation “spatial planning“ offered by the IfR/ISL for students of civil engineering, as well as
- the IfR’s and ISL’s topical research projects.